- Program: a tailor made program
- Duration: six months, between February – July
- Preparation time: June – January
- Students: interdisciplinary group of Leiden, Delft and Erasmus master thesis students
- Costs: there are costs involved, we can tell you more during a meeting
- Examples: have a look at previous Interdisciplinary Thesis Labs.
What is an Interdisciplinary Thesis Lab?
A half-year program for graduating master students at Leiden-Delft-Erasmus universities. Around 10 students work together on a real-life interdisciplinary sustainability challenge.
- Each student works on an individual thesis related to the sustainability challenge (11 to 30 weeks fulltime). The students are supervised by their own university.
- In a half-year program students learn about the interdisciplinary context in 12 bi-weekly meetings of approximately 2,5 hours each. We invite the case holder(s), professionals and researchers to reflect on the challenge together with the students.
- By the end of the lab, the students combine their knowledge in an interdisciplinary result.
- The Lab is supervised by a LDE academic coordinator and LDE Centre for Sustainability staff.
Why join as a case holder?
- A tailor-made program for your sustainability challenge.
- Deepen your knowledge on an interdisciplinary sustainability challenge in your organization.
- Work together with a diverse team of talented graduating students.
- Get in touch with experts in the field and researchers of Leiden-Delft-Erasmus universities.
Submit a challenge
- Possible topics: circular industries, agrifood or cities and regions.
- The challenge includes several disciplines, such as: natural sciences, social sciences, engineering, design, law, health, economics, management, humanities and philosophy.
- All year round we are open to discuss opportunities for a Lab. We take 8 months to prepare a Lab. In June we need to know the challenges, in order to start the program in February. We start recruiting students in September.