What are Interdisciplinary Thesis Labs?
Together with a team of 9 Leiden-Delft-Erasmus universities students you work on a sustainability challenge set by an external organization. You work on your individual thesis and follow a half year lab program, currently running from February to July 2022. In 12 bi-weekly sessions you gain insight into the interdisciplinary context of the challenge and how you can contribute to this challenge as a young leader. You meet commissioner(s), guest speakers and relevant experts, follow workshops, join a thesis group and create an interdisciplinary result together. The lab is supervised by an LDE-researcher. After participating in the lab you will receive a certificate of participation.
In September 2022 we will announce the Interdisciplinary Thesis Labs for the February - July 2023. In academic year 2021-2022 the following labs have started:
Click image to learn more about the lab(s) you are interested in.
Requirements for participation
- We only admit students from Leiden University, Delft University of Technology or Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- We look for all kinds of expertise e.g. natural sciences, social sciences, engineering, design, law, health, economics, management, humanities and philosophy.
- You start your master thesis between February and April. The size of your thesis is between 16 to 45 EC.
- You will find your own thesis supervisor(s). Supervision of your individual master thesis is not part of the program.
- You are motivated to join the half year interdisciplinary program and will attend all 12 bi-weekly sessions. Find the preview of the program attached below.
- You agree with the workload of the program: approximately 2 EC (56 hours). You are free to arrange credits for the program yourself (as a capita selecta) or follow the program as an extracurricular activity.