PhD network objectives
- Overarching goal to increasing quality, outreach, and relevance of circular economy research.
Developing better research skills
- Giving & receiving valuable feedback for project improvements from circular economy academics.
- Expanding knowledge through senior researchers’ input, e.g. guest speakers, workshops, mentoring.
Creating a network
- Connecting junior CE researchers with each other: allow for formal discussions and exchange, offer an open and inclusive platform for personal support, e.g. talking about PhD challenges; meet like-minded researchers through informal social activities (e.g. excursions).
Connecting junior CE researchers to more senior researchers in the field.
Fostering interdisciplinary collaborations
- Dissemination of knowledge, methods, etc. across fields.
- Synergies resulting from input and ideas of different fields.
- Finding hot spots for research across disciplines.