With a team of students you will work on a sustainability challenge set by an external organization (a company or governmental organization). You will meet professionals and academic experts, follow workshops, lectures and join excursions. You’ll learn from other students, confront ideas and exchange methodologies. You will write your master thesis, meanwhile creating an interdisciplinary result for the challenge you all work on together. There are eleven bi-weekly sessions.
The sustainability challenges we are facing today are complex and can only be solved with a broad, interdisciplinary approach. We need curious people, that are willing to break down barriers and stretch the scope of their area of expertise. The Interdisciplinary Thesis Lab provides you the opportunity to develop the skills you need to do so, to learn from other perspectives and to inspire others.
About the Thesis Labs
The Lab opened a whole specter of new possibilities.”
- student Lab Circulaerospace
Topics and case holders
Every Lab has one or more caseholders. In previous Labs we have been working with: Gemeente Westland, gemeente Leiden, gemeente Alphen aan de Rijn, Antea Group, de Bouwcampus, Bouwend Nederland, Provincie Zuid-Holland, Ministerie van Binnenlandse Zaken and Koninkrijksrelaties, Airbus, NLR, Horti Tech, World Horti Centre. This year we will be working on:
- Sustainable Healthcare, with caseholder Medical Delta
- Circulaerospace, with caseholder Airbus
- Sustainable and just landscape transformation in South Holland, with caseholders ACCEZ and the province of South Holland
- Changing mega systems: towards a circular carbon industry in South Holland, with caseholders The province of South Holland, InnovationQuarter, and Economic Board South Holland.