We would like to invite you to the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Sustainability Circular Economy Research Symposium on 1 October 2018. During this symposium we will present results from our innovation hub research programmes and upcoming research projects.
This symposium is for master students, scientists and other researchers who are interested in our research programmes, the circular economy, and sustainable initiatives. Our research programmes are focused on the municipalities of Leiden, Den Haag, Delft and Rotterdam and the stakeholders from the horticultural sector, and more. We therefore also invite governmental officials and people from the industry.
Who are we?
The Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Sustainability is an open and interdisciplinary research centre in which the three universities join forces in the field of circular economy. Our Knowledge & Innovation Hubs are the core of our centre. In our hubs, we connect master students, municipalities and businesses to collaborate on challenges around circular economy and sustainable urban development in the province of Zuid-Holland. There are four hubs, each with its own scope and research themes. In short, our hubs are open research programmes where science meets practice.
About the research symposium
On the 1st of October 2018, the 4 hubs will introduce themselves in parallel sessions. Four ‘hubrooms’ will form the stage, informing the audience on the latest innovations and the research projects. At the end of the afternoon, drinks and snacks will accompany the second part of the symposium: the research market. During this market, you are invited to find the perfect match for your research project, thesis and/or interests. The hubs are always looking for Master students and researchers to join them. We provide various opportunities for different parties. For master students, we provide the opportunity to write a thesis with impact within an interdisciplinary environment. Researchers can benefit from a pool of Master students network of scientific colleagues and expand or build a network of committed partner organisations to link their research to. External stakeholders can learn about the latest research in the field of sustainable urban development, circular industries and horticulture.
Learn about the latest research within the hubs
Learn about research opportunities within the hubs
Explore your interest in circular economy and sustainable urban development
Meet researchers, students and experts from the field
13:00 - 14:00 Doors open: coffee & tea (vegetarian lunch included)
14:00 - 14:45 Introduction:
- Programme of today
- Loek Hermans and Arnold Tukker: Signing the collaboration agreement between Topsector TU & LDE CfS
More information (in Dutch) about agreement.
15:00 - 15:30 Round 1
- The Resilient Cities Hub: Introduction - By Benjamin Sprecher
- The Inclusive Cities Hub: Circular and Inclusive research and design - By Tjerk Wobbes
- The Greenport Hub: Mission to Mars - By Coen Hubers
- The Circular Industry Hub: Introduction - By Jan-Henk Wellink
15:45 - 16:15 Round 2
- The Resilient Cities Hub: We make Urban mining profitable - By Michel Baars (New Horizon)
- The Inclusive City Hub, Introduction - By Tjerk Wobbes
- The Greenport Hub, Introduction - By Coen Hubers
- The Circular Industry Hub: Workshop for companies how to join the hub - By Jan Henk Welink
16:30 - 17:00 Round 3
- The Resilient Cities Hub: Activism and research - By Helias Udo de Haes (Professor emeritus of Environmental sciences)
- The Inclusive Cities Hub: Our research programme for the municipality of Rotterdam - By Tjerk Wobbes
- The Greenport Hub: Let's change the way we look at fresh food - By Coen Hubers
- The Circular Industries Hub: What kind of assignments do we have for students? - By Jan Henk Welink
17:00 - 18:00 Research market & Drinks