Using the new National Program Circular Economy | Tweede Kamer der Staten-Generaal, as input, DAN-CE 4 will be a day of in-depth discussions, workshops, and high-level keynotes by academia and decision makers on the opportunities and implications of the Circular Economy. The purpose is to advance the academic discussion on CE in the Netherlands, as well as to provide inputs to the CE policy debate. The theme is “From National Program CE to Research Agenda: Academic Perspectives” and discussions will be related to recent policy documents at the EU level, such as the European Critical Raw Materials Act, the Net Zero Industry Act, and the Eco-design for Sustainable Products Regulation Proposal.
The program will include:
- Opening words by Prof Andy van de Dobbelsteen (TU Delft)
- Keynote by Dr Rutger Hoekstra (CML Un-Leiden), a post-growth perspective on CE
- Keynote by prof Ruth Mugge (TUD), Consumption in a Circular Economy: Changing behaviours via design.
- Dr Esther van den Beuken (TNO & figurehead NWA route CE & Resource Efficiency)
- Final reflections by Dr.ir Afke van Rijn (Min I&W)
In the afternoon there will be breakout sessions on CE research agenda and workshops.
May you have any questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email: DCL-TPM@tudelft.nl.
About DAN-CE 4
DAN-CE 4, the 4th Meeting Dutch Academic Network on Circular Economy is organized by TU Delft, Delft Circularity Impact initiative, (DCI), TPM Delft Circularity Lab (tudelft.nl), Faculty of Industrial Design Engineering (IDE), Circular Built Environment (tudelft.nl), and the Platform – Sustainable Resource Management in collaboration with the DAN-CE Network Steering Committee. A grant from Delft University Fund (tudelft.nl) is kindly acknowledged.