Spend your summer in a living lab on a festival!
The Summer Course DORP is open for master students from Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam from all disciplines. We offer students the possibility to work on sustainability challenges prior and during the festival “Welcome to the Village”.
DORP is the interdisciplinary innovation lab ten days prior to Welcome to The Village. In a limited time frame, we build and test innovations in a festival infrastructure that involve energy, water and whatever you come up with, that can catapult us towards a sustainable future.
Students from Leiden Delft Erasmus can participate as DORPELING
We have reserved 25 spots for students from Leiden, Delft and Erasmus to participate in DORP. You can join DORP as a so called DORPeling (Villager). You work with other people (students, artists, entrepreneurs etc.) in teams and you will be getting an awesome certificate at the end for your summer course.
What you’re going to do as a DORPeling
Everybody can contribute to DORP. Maybe you’re very creative, or have got some smart ideas about how a business model could be circular. And when you’re a superb trumpet player or someone who can coordinate a group with his or hers communication skills, you’re welcome too. DORP can use all kinds of people.
At DORP, you’ll be working with 150 other students, artists and experts on Innovation Challenges that have been submitted by entrepreneurs and organisations. A week prior to the festival Welcome to The Village you and the interdisciplinary team you’re in, will be thinking of, develop and build smart solutions that will be field tested at the festival itself.
We’ll help you innovate on the spot by providing you with coaching, workshops, inspirational and co-creation sessions, a well-equipped work place with power tools and 3D-printers to start prototyping and every day a fresh evening program to find some new ideas or insights.
- A background (or strong interest) in sustainability and/or innovation
- Available for the mandatory dates (see below under "What we want from you")
- A team player but also able to work independently
- Student at Leiden, Delft or Erasmus
What we want from you
- To be present at the DORP Kickoff at Saturday, June 16th
- Your presence at DORP, De Groene Ster, Leeuwarden, from July 13th till July 22nd of 2018
- Your presence at the DORP Follow-Up in October 2018
- Involvement with other DORP projects
What you get at DORP
- An interdisciplinary team
- A week of workshops and inspiration
- Knowledge from the DORP-network
- A fun and international community
- Very awesome surroundings
- A place to work and technical assistance
- Five hundred euro budget per project team
- Camping, catering en festival entrance
- A fancy certificate and a very cool entry for your resume
Sign up for the Summer Course by sending your motivation letter to email@example.com! Official application closed at the 1st of May but we opened 10 extra spots! Application date for these extra spots is the 13th of May!
You can also join as and entrepreneur. Please check the DORP website for more info.
DORP is a collaboration of Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Centre for Sustainability, Innofest and Welcome to The Village.