Building on the existing expertise and academic research, the Centre for Sustainability has defined four strongly related areas of research.
1. Industrial Ecology & Economics → focuses on the analysis of the combined physical-economic national, European and global systems related to materials and their environmental impacts.
2. Circular Business Models & Product Design → investigates how more sustainable product designs can also become sound business concepts.
3. Clean Technology for Resource Efficiency → incorporates the strengths of different materials technology groups at TU-Delft and combines them with the strategic information from the research areas Industrial Ecology & Economics and Circular Business Models & Product Design.
4. Governance, Regulation & Transitions → focuses on governance aspects with regard to sustainable materials management and what is needed in order to adapt (legal and economic) incentives.
Fields of application
- Raw materials
- Urban Systems
- Production/Consumption Chains